Leaf springs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TowTrac

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pair of leaf springs they want to sell. I wore mine out. I cannot even put a 2500lb trailer on my truck without out it sagging to the ground. I put new shocks on and it still drags. so i know it's the leaf springs.

If you have some let me know what you can sell them for.

Thanks,

You may want to check around a local junkyard and craigslist.

Shipping would be a deal breaker, so you'll need someone on here to be local.

I will be taking my stock ones off when I put the superlift kit in my trac so ill have the stock springs off my 05 if your still interested in them ill have them... in a 3-4 weeks

Damn Travis, too bad your on the otherside of the state, my truck just got rear ended last night and the main leafsprings are both buckled up.

:soap::soap:

While you are putting the new springs in you might as well install the Roadmaster Active Suspension. I had it for years on my '01, it was great.

Yeah, we're gonna go to our chiropractor on monday to get checked out, especially Matthew. The Trac is now out of commission waiting for the guy's insurance company (Geico) to send out an adjuster and check it out.

The saving grace I have on my side is I know how much damage my Trac took and my neighbor/ landlord has been doing framework/ bodywork, etc. for 40+ years now and has his shop right next door so if the adjuster feels anything doesn't need replaced that does Henry will tell him and Geico what needs done and if it's not then to sue the company.

As of now I know I need atleast both main leafs, tow hitch, bumper cover, bumper reinforcement, exhaust hanger straightened, and possibly u-joints or something in the driveline because I now have a nice hard clunk when shifting from D-R or R-D.

Sorry towtrac for getting off topic. Travis I'll let you know if I need the leafsprings. I may just get a stronger main leaf set made up with the insurance check.

:eek:nline::eek:fftopic::back2topic:

Latest posts