Leaf Spring

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Roncarati

Reaction score
So I hear a creaking from under the truck. I check it out and where the leaf spring attaches to the frame, it is completely rotted away to the point that I'm afraid to drive it now. I'll have to cross my fingers and get it down to the dealers tomorrow morning. Has this happened to anyone?? Scary how far gone it is.

I would look for an independent frame and axle and spring shop. Sounds as if the frame may need some support welding done. If you lived close to me, (houston area), I could point you to an excelent one. I dont know if any dealer does that work in house. They may be a middle man and charge extra.

Thanks guys, its the Leaf spring shackles, left one is totally gone and the leaf spring is just resting on the frame. Didn't want to drive it for obvious reasons and I need it back quick so I had to suck it up and go to the dealer. Had a few more things done to it while it's there, leaking rear diff, oil change blah blah blah. $850.00. I always plan for $1200.00, even if I bring it for just an oil change, that way if it's less, I feel better. Unfortunately I needed it done quick.

Latest posts