Leaf Shackles

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
I made some new shackles to try on the front end of my truck. They are stock Explorer length shackles, however if they lift my truck to much I will have to remove them. So I will offer them for sale on here. So if you want to get rid of the stock shackles on your Gen 1 these will replace them, and make the stockers look puny at best. I was thinking about making these shackles and selling them cheaper then the typical lifted brand everyone uses.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Great work Chad, these would be perfect for anyone with rusted stockers. Hell even if just to replace the thin stock shackles with these heavy duty ones before the stockers even get a chance to rust out would be a great investment.

Between this site and the Explorer site you'd probably make a good amount of money and be offering a great service to members that can't or don't know how to fabricate or weld.

:banana::haveabeer::supercool::banana:

Chad,

Make sure you state that these do not have any warranty and install and use at your own risk. There was just a thread a few before this of someone threatening to sue over a used trac with some known issues. Just to cover your butt like the seller of the other trac did. Just looking out for a fellow Tracer.

Those look pretty nice. I didn't think the stock shackles were thin...until I saw this.

If the fabrication business were to take off, it'd be nice to have those in-bed hooks that have a hole to hold up the bed extender made again.

send me a pic of them and I will see what I can come up with. I kinda remember those, but kinda dont either.. What did they do?

These are some other parts I made for my vehicle..

73bcecb18840a6dfce38f83d6008587a.jpg

3b021ca98ddddb3ea32f6b0e4c9f0a69.jpg

c3caa70453493279d2943a143b37a5a8.jpg

64542d4ddb8daa7db3cddc1da7d0b2f0.jpg

And my new toy....:banana:

65b470444545ebae7b534f19810793dc.jpg

51f87de1bf96e39e74ec64d172e29726.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts