laptop repair

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Forbes

Reaction score
Ive been working on a toshiba satilite s-409 for the past few weeks. It originally wouldn't power on so I threw in a new motherboard. After installing the board the laptop powered on and all was good, untill the lcd went out. So, I went on eBay and bought a whole incased LCD. Well it still wont work and I'm running out of ideas and was just wondering if anyone else had any ideas. I've already tried plugging it in into an external monitor, and still nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated!

thanks

Though I do not know the specific model you have, I do know that Toshiba has a module that powers up the LCD. It is directly wired along the wire harness that runs from the screen to the the mother board where it gets it's power from.

That said, if you have a duplicate unit, follow the wires and you will run into the little module / power interrupter thing..

Since it doesn't work connected to an external though thats serperate from the backlight. Which leads me to beleive that the onboard video card is bad..

Specific model: p15-s409

part number: PSP10U-0DUJPV

Im not sure if that'll help. But I think this is what your talking about, I found it in the LCD housing right under the lcd. http://www.impactcomputers.com/k000009570.html. And that actually came with the lcd housing, and its the second one ive tried, so far no luck. As far as the wiring goes there are two wires the plug directly into the motherboard. And another two that are black and white that run from the lcd housing into the wireless card.

Latest posts