laminate countertop

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett Hartwig

Reaction score
Anybody know how much I could expect to pay for 25 SqFt of laminate countertop- either Formica or Wilsonart? Might be replacing the office counter but have never bought laminate before.

Well, I can tell you that Granite, and stone in general, has dropped in price big time. I recently did 50 linear installed for $1850.00.

When I prices it out, laminate was just below that and most composites were within two hundred dollars both ways.

The answer, do not go to Home Depot or Lowe's, they are high on their prices. Find a local shop to do it for you.

For me, Home Depot was $5312 and Lowe's was $4788 for the same product and surface...

Last edited by a moderator:
Lay down some 3/4" MDF and laminate it yourself (or have someone laminate it). Pretty easy to do and ends up being cheap. I was going to do our kitchen, but ended up tiling the counters instead (more fun). ;)

a little more info- had a home improvement guy stop by and take some measurements. His estimate was around $3000 for 25 linear feet of laminate installed. (I stated sqft before, my mistake). I was expecting it cheaper than that. Am I getting robbed?

Seems a bit high, especially for Freeport (I only live an hour or so from there). Find an independent contractor/handman and have them do it. Will cost much, much less.

I am an insurance adjuster in SE Florida. Right now we are paying $40.00 per linear foot laminate standard grade materials and labor. As noted above granite in my area is as cheap as it gets. There is a granite/marble shop on every corner down here and prices are way down.

I dont know what it comes out to but

I just had my kitchen done and I bought the mica myself

2 sheets of 4x8 was like 125 and a buddy of mine

who works for a cabinet shop built all my counter tops and

backsplashes and installed for 200.

Home depot was 6600 for granite

I would definatly do it yourself or get a handyman

I opened a granite counter top shop back in 1999. We do 5-10 kitchens a week. Coastie- I bet you have 50 sq ft of tops, not 50 LF. That would translate to over 100 sq ft of tops at a price of $18 sq ft.

We selected out Granite from Mont-Granite who is a distributor for contractors. You can not buy direct from them. It went into to slabs. It looks to be 1 1/2 inches thick.

Here is a link to Mont-Granite. I would do it again in a heart beat. All very nice people and very nice product. Their show room is impressive. Literally a thousand slabs to look at. You pick the one(s) you want, they mark them and deliver them to the contractor. It all went very smooth..

We went with the Santa Celcia

[Broken External Image]:

We sell that for $35 for 7/8" and $45 for 1-1/4" (what you have) installed. It's got the little purple dots in it.

Here's a pic I had on my trash pile. We haul off 12-15 gravel trucks away about twice a year.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, nice pile of quality scrap... LOL

After I got done, I was sorry I did not have them cut me a piece to make into my kitchen table.

But... Oh well, live and learn I guess.

We went granite this last year and that would be the direction i would go again... even in the high priced bay area, prices have droppped greatly, you get to pick out YOUR slabs for YOUR job. There are Dozens of show rooms and warehouses to get the stone from and installed.

we used "Gotmarble" out of Napa, CA

Underdog I see my color Baltic Brown sitting on top of your scrap pile.

We went with 3cm whereas most ppl here go with 2cm.

I have a piece so large it took 7 men to get it in the house.

Latest posts