la jolla, ca. - question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
i am was invited to the 2010 nat'l executive fleet meeting the end of this month in la jolla.(no need to name the manufacturer).

i will be there for a few days and never been to this area of cali.

appreciate on any idea's on what to do in my spare time.

Children's pool - Intersection of Coast and Jenner is where seals come to sleep and and play and such so you can see them for free.. Great sunset spot too.

San Diego zoo is amazing, and only a 15ish minute drive from La Jolla.

Balboa Park - Sunday afternoons has free music (can't remember the time) with lots of flowers and plants.

Sea-World

Old Town San Diego, has some orginial buildings from the 1800's.

If you are into fishing there are 1/2 and full day tours for not too much and we caught lots of fish.

If you are looking for a drive, make your way up to Julian and have a piece of Apple pie.

Restaurant recommendations are, Oceanaire (SD), Pamplemoose (Carlsbad), Crabcatcher (La Jolla), Carl Strauss (if your a beer drinker - La Jolla)

If you have specific questions feel free to contact me, we lived there for 18 months, and have only been gone from there for 10 months or so..

I only have one suggestion. Go to Ocean Beach and visit a little restaurant called The Kaiserhof. Hands down the best German food I have had since I left Germany...you will not be disappointed

thanks everyone :D

from what i hear, it is very nice there.

jd, maybe i will take one of their vehicles on that drive to julian. of course the convertible :)

then check the beach with the seals.

thanks again

Latest posts