Krylon Fusion

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Cabrera

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using this new Krylon Fusion paint. It is suppose to bond to plastics on a molecular level. I was thinking of using this on my '02 to repaint the silver part of my console and the gray cladding and rear bumber to satin black.

And pros or cons?

Andy

I used it to paint my light covers on my safari bar and it seemed to stick a little better/longer, but still not great. I didn't do any real prep work though so that could very well be the problem along with having to flex them to get them back on the lights.

I have used it, and it does the job. You need to make sure the surface is clean of any dust, grease, etc. If not, you'll get some spots where the paint will look like crackled.

Used krylon on my headlights...

[Broken External Image]:

Fusion is designed to be used especially on plastics, so primer isn't necessary. Prepping the surface is key though...I lightly sanded the interior surface with fine grit and wiped it down with tack cloth.

I plan to use it on the cladding when I get around to it...

Has anybody changed their grey cladding to tan?

I think that might look good on my Red Fire '03 with the tan interior.

Actually, not the tan, but the brown that the door arms rests are would look pretty good.

I think a few years ago someone used Krylon for the cladding...

Don't remember who, but it was maybe 4 or 5 years ago...

Perhaps one of the old timers will remember, I think it was a red fire ST and the cladding got painted black...

EXCELLENT STUFF!!!

I painted my console & my radio faceplate when I did my dash upgrade today. It came out great. Dried in 15 minutes. Cured in 60 minutes, and tthey say chip resistant in 7 days.

I'll post a pix in the am...too dark now!

Sorry,

Got hung up. Here's the pix. This Krylon stuff is great. Walmart also carries it in textured black satin ad well as hammered effect in various color metals.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts