"Kicking" Tranny (Report #3)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collin Lyon

Reaction score
As I mentioned last, my appointment was today to get the kicking in the tranny fixed. The dealer had to order a "mechatronic assembly" from Ford -- service guy said this is a fancy word for a valve body under the trans.

Dropped it off this morning, with instructions to call my cellphone for updates. By the time I got to work (30+miles away), the service guy called my work phone to tell me that they received the wrong part, and they would have to order the correct mechatronic assembly, which will take like 3 days. There is another problem I am having, and I'll put it in another message (can't get the Trac out of park).

To the few who have expressed interest &/or shared my problems (Bootsy, and others) -- sorry, I'll have to update you guys later this week, or next week.

Now I'm stuck driving an Edge in the mean time. Not bad, but it is not a Trac.

To be continued . . .

Not sure if anybody else has had this problem, But I can put my trac in Park and let my foot of the brake but the trac will just keep rolling and rolling until I start her up again and put into drive and back into park again. I had our local ford service department look at it and they said they could not find anything wrong with it. It has happen three times now.

I guess I also need to make a appointment for the "Kicking" tranny problem.

Thanks for the good info.

Sorry to hear about all the issues you are having with your Trac. Hopefully they get it resolved very soon to your satisfaction so you can finaly start enjoying your truck.

I would definitely give Ford customer service a piece of my mind though....a person should not have to go through all of this. It's one thing to have to deal with the problem, but errors of receiving the wrong part is rediculous. Obviously there is a lot to be desired with some of their internal processes.

kb0ykg, When it does this, how far will it roll?

Sounds like a problem with the "Parking pal" which is the internal transmission mechanism that locks the transmission so the vehicle does not roll. It should not roll any more than 2-3 inches max.

I hear you Lil Red -- I understand problems can happen, but they had this part received for a week. I don't know what this looks like, but %&*#!! open up the box take a look BEFORE.

Not to ramble, but my wife brought in her '06 Mustabg GT for scheduled service + the Trip Tunes (mother's day/b-day present) also this morning. They first asked her if she wanted the connector plug in the center console or glovebox. She said center console. They called back later to say the chord is too short, and could only be mounted in the glovebox. BS -- per the fordaccessories.com website, it can be mounted in either. Maybe I should have just bought her flowers . . .

Lil Red, when I 1st took delivery of my '07, I found they had delivered it with the wrong stereo system. It literally took me 2 1/2 months on top of 6 different visits to get it corrected. I also dealt with "we ordered the wrong parts" line they give. I mean seriously, is Ford hiring a ton of idiots? That is the feeling I got when dealing with my stereo for so long. Those employees don't realize how lucky they are to have such good jobs they don't even care about. I would love to have ANY job in the automotive world....MINUS a quick oil change shop....been there, got used oil dumped on me on purpose because I am a girl.

The little strut that holds the front-of-the-bed cargo door open got replaced today. Ford charges $160 for it. How sad is that?

re: "Kicking" Tranny (Report #3) by Bootsy,5/14/2007 15:45 CT

...Those employees don't realize how lucky they are to have such good jobs they don't even care about. I would love to have ANY job in the automotive world....MINUS a quick oil change shop....been there, got used oil dumped on me on purpose because I am a girl.

Bootsie that sucks that you had used oil dumped on you! If I were there, I would have given those guys a head first "swirlie" in the drain pan of used oil!

BTW: I have cousins in Portage-- that is a very nice area!

LOL, I donno, but it was about 1 1/2 yrs ago. I pretty much gave up on trying to get in the automotive world partially due to that. BUT I would KILL to have an auto body school locally.

kb0ykg, When it does this, how far will it roll?

Sounds like a problem with the "Parking pal" which is the internal transmission mechanism that locks the transmission so the vehicle does not roll. It should not roll any more than 2-3 inches max.

It will keep rolling until press on the brakes and start it up again and place the truck into drive then back into park. I let it go once to see and it didn't stop till I finally pushed on the brakes. I will have ford look at the "parking pal" on my next service visit for the "kicking" tranny problem. Thanks for the info.

What ever happened to the good old TH350, TH400, C6, C4, etc?

No wires, no computer, no nothing. they were strong as hell and laster forever.

They also did not cost a bundle to build either.

Tom

Bootsy, I remember reading posts about the trials and tribulations you had when you initially took delivery of your Trac. I felt really bad because I had recently taken delivery of my special order 07 and it was perfect. Even now, everytime I hear about fellow 07 V8 owners having problems with the transmission kick issue I almost feel guilty because I (like Dingo) seem to be one of a few that has a tranny that works flawlessly. Hopefully this post won't bite me in the Butt and jinks me. Next week i'm taking off on a 5 day 2,600 mile trip pulliing a 16ft trailer loaded w/5 motorcycles traveling from Dallas to Myrtle Beach and back. If my truck gives me any problems I don't know what i'll do so wish me luck. This will be the first time I have really "Worked" the Trac since I bought it. Pulling ~4000lbs with a truck rated to pull just shy of 7000 lbs should be a cake wallk, but honestly I have not owned the Trac long enough for my confidence to be where I want it to be.

To all of those out there with 07 tranny issues, I hope they get them resolved real soon.

Same, here, Lil Red,,,,,like you I haven't experienced any of the problems that others have, and too, have begun to think that we that aren't having problems are in a sort of 'minority', unfortunately. I can't believe that there are so many problems arising with this new 07. No shifting problems, no 'bump' from the rear when coming to a stop. I also ordered mine in late May, delivery in early July last year. I'm also heading out for the longest pull since I've owned the truck. Going down to San Diego to camp from Fresno area and pulling our pop-up. Only about 3900 lbs. loaded, but have never towed it that far. I did have a flat the other day that I had to get fixed,,,,,,,,,hit something I guess in the road, but that was a surprise, too with new tires!! Anyway,,,,,,,I too wish the best to all of the new 07 owners and hope that this does not continue.

HUGE sport bike gathering going on in Myrtle Beach over the Memorial Day weekend. Me and about 30 people from the Dallas/Ft.Worth area are going to hang out and have some fun!

Latest posts