Kicker L7 10" anyone know if these will fit?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Gerner 2

Reaction score
I just picked up 3 Kicker L7 10" 2ohm square subs for a deal that I couldn't pass up. They're brand new. The guy I bought them from bought 'em 2 months ago, was going to put them in his Mustang but totalled the car before he got the chance to even take them out of the boxes. I was thinking of possibly putting 2 or all 3 in my ST but the magnets on these things are massive. If I can't I'll put them up for sale. Any help would be great. I saw someone on here had L7 8"'s in their ST.

Fiberglass and you might get them to fit behind the seats. But you would only have the airspace for max 2, but really it would be best with 1..

L7's shine when ported though and good luck fitting that :)

I know the L7 8" will fit as I have seen it in another members trac, I think BigD has them if I'm not mistaken.

As far as the tens fitting, like JDBoxes said...Good Luck.

Where there's a will, there's a way...

Keep us posted...

Are you sure he just bought those? Those are like the 04/05 model L7s!

I have 2 8l7's behind the seat ported..the 10's won't fit behind the seat, and the only way to fit 3 of them, even sealed, is if you modify your back seats slightly, and then have the subs downfiring.

Thanks adas, said he just bought them awhile back, they were still in original cardboard boxes from Kicker sealed up, never opened till I bought them. Do you have pics and/or dimensions of your box?

Jerry, A large part of the bulk of the magnet its just a rubber ring around the actual magnet so you could take that off and it would help fit a little better. I think you might be able to fit 2 with a fiberglass box. I had two memphis ten's back there, still do but my old ones weren't shallow and i had a little room so spare. I would like to buy the third one from you. Let me know

Thanks Clay, not sure just yet what I'm going to use them in. If they don't fit in my ST I might use 1 or 2 in my show truck not sure but I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if you'd want to run 3 at all.

Where are you putting the AMPs.

And the power draw would be a bit high.

you may need a new bigger alt, and for sure a 2nd battery.

That's also a lot of weight your going to be adding. I looked at to 10's under the rear seats.

But a custom box wouldn't get me the sealed air I need to get the best sound.

And I didn't want to lose the rear seating all togeather.

I'm running a L7 8" in a custom box under the rear Pass seat.

With the zx400.1, nice small amp with a rating of about 470ish.

You maybe able to run one under each seat in a customer box and then mount the amps where the oe sub was, that's what I did.

If they are lined up correctly they will fire up through the sets and not bump anything.

But your done carrying anyone over 12 back there.

And have a good clean source, or no matter what you do it will sound bad and higher levels.

I'd say find a good custom builder who is Kicker certified and have them build it for you.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts