Kick pods/panels or doors for component speakers?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Stewart

Reaction score
Does anyone have kick pods for their mids/tweeters in their ST? Before I get my speakers next week, I'd like your opinions on which sound better to you. Seems like the pods point everything towards the center so supposedly provided better soundstage and imaging. Any thoughts/recommendations?

Also, are the Ranger panels close enough to the ST panels to fit?

I've looked for kick panel pods for years, and as faras I know they don't make them for the ST. I have MB Quart components and put the drivers in the door speaker location and drilled a spot for the tweeters in the topsection of the door panel and it works pretty well. Looks goodtoo.

How do you like the sound tig-o-bit? Did you even have a chance to test them in kick pod locations before putting them in the doors?

There aren't any kick panels made for the ST and if you've ever looked at the available space, there really isn't any behind the panels. The parking brake would have to be re-routed (or removed) in order to pull off a decent panel in the trac and space will still be tight.

That's what I was thinking. I saw some universal Q-logic pods but haven't been able to get detailed info on how far out they protrude. Think I'll just go with the door install like others here have. Thanks for the inputs :)

Latest posts