Keys and FOBs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Schultz 2

Reaction score
Has anyone found a supplier that sells "working" transponder keys and remotes without going OEM? Bought one of each from Duluth, Georgia and neither worked and of course, the key is not returnable as it has to be cut to program with my TWO factory keys, and shipping is my baby! I call it JUNK.

Got my PATS key off eBay, cut for free at home depot, programmed it myself using instructions in the owners manual and all was good. Just make sure you get the rightPATS key for make, model and year. Not sure about a fob.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
The best place to buy a FOB is from keylessride.com. That's where I send all of my customers. Don't buy from ebay..................................!

I just had a good look at the eBay ad for my key and realized it says "PATS" nowhere in it! Maybe that is part of the problem. I'll have to watch that IF there is a next time. Live and learn! $40 for two pieces of scrap plastic. I'm heading to keylessride.com right now!

I've bought two different PATS keys off ebay for two different Ford vehicles. No problems either time, but as usual, your mileage my vary.

TJR

Latest posts