keyless entry

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Bartman

Reaction score
Hello I gave my keys to my 12 year old son today to put stuff in the truck and he told me the remote didn't work right for him and as I have never had any problems with it before and as he has never used it that much before I think maybe he did something to mess up the program but I dont know I put in a new battery and it still doesn't work right but if you use the door buttons the locks work fine does anyone know if you ever have to reprogram these remotes and is it in the owners book how to do it thanks for any help

PROGRAM KEYLESS REMOTE

Make sure you have ALL your remotes on hand!

1. Close all doors and then open drivers door and press the UNLOCK button on drivers

door panel while door is open and insert key in ignition.

2. Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in

RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode.

3. Within 20 seconds press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle

to confirm programming.

4. Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will

cycle again to confirm programming.

5. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

If it still doesn't work take the #from that case & get a replacement on Ebay. They are cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop by Autozone. They have a little machine that will tell you if your FOB is working. If it isn't, you will have to get another one.

Tom

Thanks for the help I tried to reprogram it but it still didn't work right and I went to advanced auto and they had a tester and the buttons didn't work how they should have so I just bought a new one on e-bay thanks again for the help

Latest posts