Keyless Entry

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabjo

Reaction score
Before I botched the html link, Chris originally wrote:

Does anyone know of an quality keyless entry system to add to my 2003 XLS? My wife and I are going to have a kid and she doesn't want to hassle with unlocking the doors manually while holding a baby. I installed our fog lights myself so if it's anything relatively like that I could install it as well. Let me know of a good brand and price if possible. Thanks.

Chris sorry I screwed up your thread, I was trying to link to an auction but somehow botched the link and it won't allow me to edit.

Here is what I was originally trying to post:

Chris,

I've installed a Crimestopper keyless entry system in my ST and in my sister's Honda CRV, both of which I bought on ebay. I've had mine installed (model 845) for 3 years now and have found it very reliable. You could go with the factory keyless, but for the price and features its hard to beat the keyless entry systems on ebay. Here is a link to a same model I installed in my sister's vehicle, <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Crimestopper-Remote-Keyless-Entry-2-Door-Power-Locks_W0QQitemZ5838382537QQcategoryZ60202QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem">model 865</a>

Also, a link to the project guide I wrote up when I did my install: <a href="http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/projects/keyless/KeylessEntryInstall.pdf">Remote Keyless Entry</a>

Good luck!

Mine is a Pursuit brand.

I paid about $50 bucks each, and have them in 3 of my vehicles. They seem to be reliable (they've been in for a couple of years now).

I put them in myself, and they can be configured to do about anything you want.

No worries Tabjo, I appreciate the feedback (Hal too). Looks like that would be something I could handle installing. I've heard somewhere that doing the aftermarket keyless entry messes with the flashing securtiy light. I really don't care, as long as the truck still start. Has anyone heard of this happening, or is everything the same in the end?

The only thing that would cause the PATS theft indicator to stop flashing is a remote start system, where the transmiter is removed trom a key and attached to the transponder on the column. Doing that, the vehcle "thinks" that a key is in the ignition at all times and doesn't triger the theft indicator light.