keyless code entry

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raquel cole

Reaction score
Hello members~ I have a very important question I bought a used Explorer that did not come with a manual. I wanted to know the keyless entry code but the owner did not know. so I was wondering~ does anyone know where I might be able to find the keyless entry code on the vechile I found my code for my sport trac on the air bag but it was not there on my Explorer? If u have any info please contact or write back! Thanks :)

I have a 2001 ford explorer sport. I have looked everywhere on it to find the keyless entry module. The 5 diget number is supposed to be on it. every site I go to tells me where to find it on a standard ford explorer, but it isn't located there on the Sport model. Does anyone have an ideal where I might find it on the Ford Explorer Sport?

[email protected]

On both, it should be inside the jack panel on the left in the back. It's pretty far up there, though. It's a black plastic box with several plugs. You'll need a small mirror to see the code.

Dingo is 100% correct. We got a 2000 Explorer It, too, came without a code. Talked to the service manager and told us where to find it. The box with the wires in it, as Dingo explained, is the module for the keypad.

Tom

I have a 02 sport trac and the code was behind the air bag. you just have to remove a few screws. I think there is a project on it in the project link. dont know if this helps but i thought i would add my 0.2 in

If you can't find it, when you take it in for service they can plug it in to the computer to get it.

I had to get from front end work done on my Limited and asked the shop I was at about it. They said they could do it for $65, and I told them it was too much, I would just locate it myself. Then later he said $40, and I said not to worry about it. At the end, he handed me my invoice (for work already agreed upon) with the code on it. No charge. Sweet!

Latest posts