Key West / Marathon

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob chaw

Reaction score
I'm heading down to Key West / Marathon for some fishin and snokelin... Wooo Hooooo... :supercool:

Anyone got any GREAT fishing hole spots that they wouldn't mind sharing...

I'm taking my ST so if ya see me "WAVE"...

rob

[Broken External Image]:

All the great fishing holes need a boat to reach them. There are some bridges you can fish off of or you can buy a ticket on a party boat that will take you out for about $40 or $50, there is one in Marathon called the Marathon Lady. You might catch some snapper on that one and if not it will be good fun, bring some beers!

Right when you get into Key West, make a right. On the left side of the road is a place called "Keys Eye Care". Stop in and say hello to Lasik1.

Tom

Rob, if you go to Curry Hammock State Park, enter through the main gate and park in the parking lot on the left, there is a small canal that runs between the park and a residential neighborhood and leads to the Atlantic. There are grouper, lots of big snapper, cudas, and tarpon (in the evenings and mornings) that run through there. Fish the mouth of canal and you should have some luck there.

Have fun!!

Hi Jenn thanks for the input, may have to try that tomorrow morning.. Wish i had your NEW boat for this weekend.. but luckily i got a hook up down there that owes a favor... so i got a boat to go on, just paying GAS... and help cleaning too... :supercool:

Cluster - i have been on the LADY MARATHON before caught a bunch of Dolphins and more... They are GREAT...

Cayman if i got time i definatley will..

Hey, Rob, trust me...I'd MUCH rather be down there with the boat. We're just hoping the forecast clears up a bit here so we can go out this weekend. We've taken it on the intercoastal to break in the engine and it is sweet! (Fast too, got it up to about 50mph the other day...) :banana:

Best of luck you this weekend fishing. Have lots of fun!:haveabeer:

Latest posts