• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

KEY LESS ENTRY SYSTEM computer module 2008

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilan baich

Reaction score
Hi i have a 08 ST limited and I am trying to find the default code for the door lock its not behind the seat it is not in the glove box, And I don't want to pay the steal er to do it. any ideas?

Yardsale is right but be patient. The code printing on the bottom edge of the fusebox will be hard to find and probably dimly printed. You will be standing on your head on the drivers floor looking upward. Be patient, use a flashlight, maybe even a mirror and you will find it.

I know you don't want to pay but if you go to a local locksmith they can get you the code, mine charged me $5 or $10 for it. if nothing else

This is what I did. Parked in the shade, grabbed a beer, and started punching numbers. Print this and mark a red line after every 30 numbers. Lock the truck with your key fob. Start punching numbers. When you get to each line, hit the unlock and then lock buttons on your key fob to reset the keypad. Otherwise, after too many numbers (35), the truck goes into a long delay where it won't accept keypad input.

Important - back up 4 numbers and start punching again, so that you don't miss any 5-digit combos that span across your red lines. My code was down the page about 3/4 or so, and it took me maybe 30 minutes - I can't remember exactly, but I posted about it on here before, so you look that up if you're interested.

Also, when you find a code that works, it may be a programmed code from a previous owner instead of the actual factory code. So, you might want to reset the system. That procedure is in the owner's manual. If you found a previous personal code, then the reset won't work. Keep punching. I got lucky in that the code I found first was the factory code.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts