Key Fob for Ford

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Dziubina

Reaction score
My new (to me) F250 has power locks but i did not get a key fob with the truck. Can I buy a Ford Key fob and program it to work with the truck? thanks for the help. Still driving the Sport trac though :driving:

Ford will ream you a new one for a fob. Salvage yards usually have them and eBay, both for cheap. I've never had a battery fail in one, even used ones I've acquired.

If you have the remote for the Trac, it can be programmed to work on both vehicles. I have my remotes set up that way. Just do the programming procedure for both vehicles with the same remotes and they will work on both vehicles at the same time.

As Roger says. I have 1 remote programmed to my 08 E250, my 02 Trac, wifes 99 'Stang, Moms 05 Escape, Uncles 03 F150, sisters 02 & 06 Escapes. I any of them get locked out, who they gonna call .... ain't Ghostbusters!:grin::grin:

Turn ign switch ON and OFF until the locks cycle @ ON(usually 8 times) and press one of the remote buttons. Turn ign off. Done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, I bet if you accidentally hit the "Panic" button at 11:00 PM it creates quite a racket at your house.. I grabbed my keys off the table one night and set off the panic on my ST... Neighbors were not pleased... :-(