K&N FIPK or Mac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Real simple question...

Which is better for a 2005?

Don't really care about chrome or other "bing" just performance and how it will affect the engine over time. (Noting people's concerns with K&N's letting more dirt in.)

If you don't care about looks, just get the Bomz intake off of eBay for $45 shipped. Same as the others, just not a name brand.

I have not heard of them.

I am leaning toward these two since so many people seem happy with theirs. (I am a bit of a sheep here because I know NOTHING about cars except how to call AAA.)

I've heard of people buying the Ebay one and swapping the filter with a compatible K&N... I haven't heard them complain.... yet :)

Okay, well I used to have a Bomz intake that I got on eBay. I only got rid of it because it had a chrome finish, and I was getting all the chrome out of the engine bay. I also like the c/f look of the Volant intake that I have now.

I have an 01 x sport (i think they have similar enginees insde)... and isntalled a kkm http://www.kustomz.com/cat2.html ...

some people like it some don't even consider it to be an intake just because it doesn't have a pipe....

My personal experience: I have not seen dramatic hp increase, or mpg gain (i just installed it last weekend)... one thing i tell you is that the truck seems to move easier (gets to 80mph easier than before) and way better throtle response... (you actually can hear the thing sucking air even when you are inside seating in the driver's seat, but nogthing that will drive you nuts)...

to me all of them do the same ... unless the pipe really makes a difference you really could go with a round filter/adapter -e.g., kkm- and get the same results...

it is not clear to me if the intake pipe will work better than stock intake... may be we can get somebody to dyno-test several intakes and see what works best.

for that matter you can spend $37.00 and get this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7985629713&category=38634&rd=1

somebody please correct me if i'm wrong ....:D

for that money it might worth a try...

Latest posts