K&N Air Filter Gen 2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
Selling my K&N air filter, I don't want to bother cleaning the MAF any more. This is a drop-in replacement filter for the stock airbox. Fits an '07-'10 V6. I do not know if it will fit a V8 or not. You will need a length of 1/4" foam weatherstripping to seal the airbox lid, the filter comes new with that but of course it's no good now. I will clean and oil the filter before shipping. $20 plus $6 shipping in the U.S.

[email protected]

how often do you have to clean the MAF while using the K&N?

K&N recomends cleaning @ 50k. Unless the conditions are severe, dusty roads, desert country, etc.

With city driving. My experiance has been 40k to 50k. It actually filters better when dirty, and still have good flow.

Carburated motors have the most problems with dirty air filters. Than MAF/O2 sensored, fuel injected motors. The ECU can compensate the fuel/air mix.

My service life, using K&N for 20yrs has been good. I only over oiled one time and had to clean the MAF. That was on my '94 stang.

Latest posts