just wanting to brag

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron N

Reaction score
My wife's new play toy and guess what. I get to play restorer on it.lol_Ron

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a Karman Ghia...correct?

Those engines used to be all over the place. Not sure now though. A few VW Swap Meets and you should be set.

Tom

Yes Tom,a 1971 Karmann Ghia. It has been partially restored already.It is a vehicle that she has wanted since she was 16.She wants to paint it candy apple red or something like that color._Ron

In Manassas, VA, they have a meet called the Bug Out. Went a few times. Some of those little air cooled engines will run.

Mind you, not fqast, but not too bad.

Tom

Nice Ghia, Been in an acident in one of those and was not pretty. It did its job and I am still here, however for how minor the accident was, I was amazed at the amount of damage to the Ghia. I would love to have one again as a project car and yes those air cooled engines can run!!! Put a 2335 in there and good luck keeping the front end down. :cool:

I had a buddy in high school that had a 'ghia, and his girlfriend drove a VW Safari...aka a VW "thing"...they made some unique lookin vehicles...just look at the longevity of the Beetle and the VW bus!

I have always liked the Karman Ghia. Almost rebuilt one myself back in '79. My boss talked me into let him buy it for his daughter. I lived in an apartment at the time and didnt have a place to do body work.

Nice catch hope you have fun with it. Yes those motors can be built up bullet proof and run like a bat outa h****..:D

Back in the day I had both Karman Ghias & Bugs, loved them. They are easy to work on, relatively cheap to rebuild (unless you go crazy), and fun to drive. The only problem is with no A/C, it's unlikely it will get driven much during those hot Texas summers. As Fast Eddie said, "Nice catch". I wouldn't mind either a Ghia or Bug Vert, but they are getting too hard to find or the current owner thinks they are made of gold...

Love it. Would love it more if convertible. Always wanted one. I did own a 1971 Super Beetle. 10-15-20 years ago you would be able to rebuild that car to cherry for very little money and that would of course include a complete engine, tranny and suspension rehab. Today its going to cost you a little more. My Beetle had the 3 speed(i think) auto stick. No clutch but a little micro switch in the shifter threw a hydraulic clutch when you shifted. Very cool. You can get carried away with the engines in these Volkswagens.

I've wanted a red Karman Ghia convertible for years!

A nice one without rust in restorable condition would be great!

Please seond one my way ASAP!!!