Just In Case ..... ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARVIN McINTYRE 2

Reaction score
I am picking a few brains here ..... so just let me know what you ST owners think about this;

I am in the market for a "newer" vehicle, first of all, of course, it would be a Ford vehicle. I like the new Taurus and Fusion, but they are CARS! So the choice is clear, I want a STA, 2008,2009, or maybe a 2010 model. I love the White Suede color:love:, I flirt with the Red colors, and I have a few friends who have black vehicles, so that color may be out, but what is the most "undecided" choice of options you may ask? That would be whether to get a V6 or V8? I know, the V8 is awesome and most here love the V8, but out here there are quite a few V6's around the internet market and they are going fast. So, ST'ers, what do you think is the right way to go to be sure I can find one before people realize they are very rare, and hardly ever seen driving the streets and highways of the USA. Should I wait a while for a V8 or get into a V6 if I can find one in the White Suede color? Just asking, and this is not a too serious subject matter, but this ST site is always helpful when it comes to something dear and near to our hearts as the ST and STA is:grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, go for the appearance you want over the size motor. The V6 has plenty of power for pulling a trailer or just haulin' a**. My '05 with 100k still gets up and moves when I stomp on it at highway speeds, and it's all stock. Sure it's cool to say you've got a V8, but is it really necessary?

:driving:

Depends on your needs. If for the most part you will not tow a vehicle, then a V6 should be fine.

I love the white suede as well but chose red because mine had such low miles and options I really wanted. I love the V8 but never drove a V6, with the increased heft of the Gen 2 I felt a V8 was best. I recommend waiting for a white suede w/ V8- just monitor cars.com and Ebay.

Both the V6 & V8 get about the same mileage numbers, the only real difference is the tourqe numbers. The V8 goes about 300ft/lbs and the V6 a little over 200. As far as options go, get everything you can get, as it will help with the resale price. You may want to check out the new "Sport Blue" color for this year, its really nice(see Todd Z's pics of his new one). I would lean towards ordering a new one, as you can make it the way you want. Better hurry though, I think the window for ordering is closing in pretty quick. BC

Many thanks to all who replied so far. Everyone has some valid points of view about V6 vs V8, and to me it is really the look that makes the STA so captivating. From what I gather here so far is that I can be happy with either engine choice. Now, the adventure of finding one is the only thing that's left for me to do! First one with the right pricing is paramount. Bob C. , the Sport Blue is a beautiful color, and I will look that way also. Thanks, guys, now the hunt begins!:banana:

Latest posts