Just got Sirius Tuner

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan F

Reaction score
Just purchased the direct connect sirius tuner for my pioneer head unit and i love it. I like the channel line up much better them xm. I don't like the deep track deal with xm. I like sirus cuz they play all the top singles.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 3 vehicles set up with Sirius. The Pioneer has a pioneer tuner and the kenwood has a kenwood tuner. They have to match the head unit.

Can we add one to the stock CD/cassette unit, and get something that goes from car to car or to the house??? Especially on the Sirius system???

Todd Z

Ok we need an expert and thats certainly not me. Will this unit plug in and work with our factory Ford satellite radios??? Would Circuit City install techs be able to tell me anything if I called?

The SIR-PNR1 is a SIRIUS Digital Satellite Tuner for use with Pioneer "SAT Radio Ready” Headunits and AV Receivers. Features IP-Bus Input and Output, Single-Pole Sirius Antenna included.

Compatible with these models: AVIC-N2, AVIC-N1, AVIC-D1, AVH-P7500DVD, AVH-P6600DVD, AVH-P5700DVD, DVH-P5000MP, DEH-P9600MP, DEH-P8600MP, DEH-P80MP, DEH-P7700MP, DEH-P6700MP, DEH-P4700MP, DEH-P3700MP, FH-P5000MP, FH-P4200MP, DEH-P77DH, DEH-P47DH, DEX-P9, DEH-P960MP, DEH-P860MP, DEH-P8MP, DEH-P770MP, DEH-P670MP, and DEH-P470MP

Pioneer 1-Year Limited Warranty

Ape Out.

Me, I'm pretty sure that you have to buy the tuner from Ford for your factory sirius ready radio to work. I changed the whole radio, which was not Sirius ready, and went with the Pioneer for my 04 ST and bought a Pioneer Sirius tuner on Ebay for $55. I have a Kenwood radio with the Kenwood Sirius tuner in my van. I have had very good luck with a particular Best Buy installation shop. Even though I use to do this sort of stuff all time, it was just easier to have a good shop do it.

Todd, if you want to go car to car, you will have to get an aftermarket radio like the Sirius Sportster. My wife has that in her car. You will be able to get another car docking kit for other vehicles. For the house you might like this. I just bought a Audiovox componet style radio for a customer, hooking it up this week to a whole house system. It's a good looking unit, but don't forget, you need to get the antenna outside or on a window sill.

I was looking for something i can take from my truck and take with me in my company car, which i can not modify in any way...

Todd Z

I have XM myself and I'm satisfied with it. My daughter likes SIRIUS so as a graduation present, I bought her the Starmate. It was $100 minus $50 rebate. After I activated it and sent in the rebate form, I just got a postcard stating that I don't qualify for the rebate! They say resubmit it with the proper documentation. That was all originally sent. Their customer service seems to be less than helpfull on this as well as the mounting bracket that just decided to break off leaving no way to secure the unit anymore.

I guess that I'll be staying with XM myself. And to think, I was considering the switch for myself.

Latest posts