Just Bought My First Home

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun Tucker

Reaction score
I have landed a full-time permanent position with the local School Board with amazing benefits (Pay kinda stinks - big time, but there is room to move up). I finally got sick of paying rent at my buddy's place and figured it was time to make a huge change in my life. I wont be taking possession until Oct (which is a long closing period) but it was a seller request and ended up helping me out at the bargaining table.

I had to share with someone and everyone I know is in bed. I just found out!

edit: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats bro, thats awesom. I can't wait to move into my house in august. I'll tell you how it feels so you have an even harder time waitin till october:D

Congrats on the house.

With that kind of time-I hope you get it inspected and checked.

It will be sweet to know its yours- I loved that feeling when I got my first place.

Up until the last day before closing, I was worried that something would happen. Take other's advice and get a full inspection, especially for termites. A buddy of mine found one month after he closed that his home was infested. He sued and won to get out of that sale. The owners now face criminal fraud charges.

Congrats. I bought my house last october and it is a great feeling. Its a big change but well worth it. Have lots of fun.

Regards,

Patrick Pierobon

:banana::cool:Shaun , now comes all the fun of fixing everything! And by that I mean you will be making little improvements as you add stuff to the house! Something about being able to put a hole in the wall, and not get in trouble for it, that makes you realize, this is home! Congrats, and enjoy!:banana::cool:

Thanks everyone!

I'm very excited about October :lol:

I've been looking through furniture store ads already! (becuase all I really own is a desk, a bed, and a couch.)

I guess I can say goodbye to my money now. The poor trac might be neglected for a little while.

Shaun,

Getting furniture is part of the fun. There are still some furniture stores that have nothing down, pay no interest for a year or so. I recommend using them IF you are good a budgeting and can make the needed monthly payments (interest free) so that the balance is paid off before the interest rate (which is a balloon at that point) kicks in. We bought a lot of stuff like that when we moved into our new home 11 years ago.

HOWEVER, you if you go that route and plan to get a number of "no interest for x month" purchases, you might want to open such accounts AFTER you are approved for your mortgage so as not to raise any credit "red flags". And, as I said, don't get in over your head.

I know buying on credit seems like a bad idea to many these days. But if you are responsible, and budget properly, you can use "other people's money" for more than a year, and pay absolutely no interest.

Good luck!

TJR

Good advice TJR, and yea, look into those "no money down, no payments" places. But be careful, as they may be adding a ton of finance charges as you delay your payments. The wife and I went to Moor Furniture, no payments until 2012. However, if we wait till then, we will be stuck with a huge finance charge. So we will be paying off our new bedroom suite by the end of this year. Just take it slow, one room at a time.

Congrats on the new home! Lawn furniture was the living room furniture in my 1st place for about a year until we could afford something more.:) Goodwill and garage sales are also great places when you are just starting out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Shaun! It's a great feeling I know...will be 2 years this fall since I bought my first place...we're still furnishing it so it does take time!

Enjoy it!

It's a good time to buy. Bought a new home last January but still trying to sell the old place. It's paid for though, so I'm not worried.

Something that not too many people think of, but have the plumbing pressure and video tested. You will be VERY glad you did! I had issues with my plumbing from day one. Six years later, I finally have it all fixed. Now I need to get the foundation rechecked because my den is still separated from my main house by about an inch.