Just a girl and her truck! 😁

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristin Andrew

Just a girl and her truck! 😁
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Hi all!
I'm Kristin, in Las Vegas. Back in the day I had my 1st 4wd ST and fell in love with it. Just picked up a 2009 Limited 4wd. Not my favorite color but that didn't stop me from getting it. So far she is a great truck. Many things I want to get done soon like add window visors, headlight covers because they aren't very clear and new speakers because 2 are blown. I had the manifold replaced, dome and dash lights, new battery and new tires put on. Already taken her off road and fishing! If anyone can recommend visors, new headlight covers or speakers and could include a link that would be great. Also, the demonic side of her randomly does the horn beep 8x between 8 and 9 pm and again between 11P and 12A so I pulled the fuse to keep the neighbors from calling the cops for a noise disturbance. Not sure what the problem is as my last ST didn't have this issue. May be the horn relay. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Just picked up McGuires Black for the cover and also have 303. Anyone have a preference of the two?
Thanks for having me!
Screenshot_20231108_193441_Photos.jpg

Welcome !!!! Great bunch of knowlegeable folks here

You'll have to replace both headlight assemblies, not just the lenses (covers). Reasonably priced, and easy to replace.

Also, does anyone know if there is a Chilton manual for the 09? I tried to research but came up empty handed.

You'll have to replace both headlight assemblies, not just the lenses (covers). Reasonably priced, and easy to replace.
Sounds good!

Also, does anyone know if there is a Chilton manual for the 09? I tried to research but came up empty handed.
AllData.com might be your best bet.

Hi all!
I'm Kristin, in Las Vegas. Back in the day I had my 1st 4wd ST and fell in love with it. Just picked up a 2009 Limited 4wd. Not my favorite color but that didn't stop me from getting it. So far she is a great truck. Many things I want to get done soon like add window visors, headlight covers because they aren't very clear and new speakers because 2 are blown. I had the manifold replaced, dome and dash lights, new battery and new tires put on. Already taken her off road and fishing! If anyone can recommend visors, new headlight covers or speakers and could include a link that would be great. Also, the demonic side of her randomly does the horn beep 8x between 8 and 9 pm and again between 11P and 12A so I pulled the fuse to keep the neighbors from calling the cops for a noise disturbance. Not sure what the problem is as my last ST didn't have this issue. May be the horn relay. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Just picked up McGuires Black for the cover and also have 303. Anyone have a preference of the two?
Thanks for having me! View attachment 4623
I replaced my headlight assemblies in the summer. Easy to do, 3 bolts, and new bulbs while you're there anyways.
Here is a link to the ones I bought. An Amazon.ca link but I am sure they are on the.com (US) site too.
I would strongly recommend resealing them before installation though. Just a smoothed bead of black rtv silicone around the seam where the lense meats the housing.
The black housing on them looks sharp.

Hi all!
Thanks for having me! View attachment 4623
Hi Kristen, got my headlights from Rock Auto online. E-bay and Amazon have them too.

I would be careful with aftermarket headlights. I went through 3 sets to find an ok set. As stated, with any of them, resealing them is key. I would use black window adhesive(which is what I used) as it falls into the gaps better, and last longer than regular silicone.
This is the set that’s currently on the truck. I also ceramic coated the lenses, as the two previous sets(different brands) did not last more than a year due to UV/heat damage. These are black housings, but I believe the seller also has the chrome style too.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3525624101...BNIpMXlRwa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

As for the horn beeps, make sure the truck doesn’t have an aftermarket alarm. Mine started doing something very similar to yours. Pulled the alarm, and all was well. If it doesn’t have one, I would look to see if the BCM has any codes, you’ll need a good code reader to be able to get into different modules.

I replaced my headlight assemblies in the summer. Easy to do, 3 bolts, and new bulbs while you're there anyways.
Here is a link to the ones I bought. An Amazon.ca link but I am sure they are on the.com (US) site too.
I would strongly recommend resealing them before installation though. Just a smoothed bead of black rtv silicone around the seam where the lense meats the housing.
The black housing on them looks sharp.
So good to hear it is an easy change out! Definitely going to do this! Thank you for the info!

I would be careful with aftermarket headlights. I went through 3 sets to find an ok set. As stated, with any of them, resealing them is key. I would use black window adhesive(which is what I used) as it falls into the gaps better, and last longer than regular silicone.
This is the set that’s currently on the truck. I also ceramic coated the lenses, as the two previous sets(different brands) did not last more than a year due to UV/heat damage. These are black housings, but I believe the seller also has the chrome style too.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3525624101...BNIpMXlRwa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

As for the horn beeps, make sure the truck doesn’t have an aftermarket alarm. Mine started doing something very similar to yours. Pulled the alarm, and all was well. If it doesn’t have one, I would look to see if the BCM has any codes, you’ll need a good code reader to be able to get into different modules.
Hi, it does have an after market alarm. Not even sure how it even works. Will pull it and give it a shot. Living in Vegas a horn is definitely a must on these roads! Thanks for the info and link on Amazon.. I'm so happy to be a part of this group and appreciate that everyone is so kind to help me out!

Hi Kristen, got my headlights from Rock Auto online. E-bay and Amazon have them too.
Thanks will look into this option as well!

Latest posts