JFK's limo at the Henry Ford Museum

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Zatyko

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

From Caymen's earlier post on his mini vacation he said that he visited the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan. Well I happen to work across the street at Ford Motor Co. I am a proud 3rd generation employee. My dad worked for 41 yrs as a designer and his dad worked for 37 yrs at the Ford Rouge Plant. The 2 pictures that are with this message are of my mom's father who worked at Ford's X-garage (X meaning experimental). He was one of, I believe, 8 people who fabricated the bulletproof top for JFK's Presidential Limo. The 2 pictures were taken before the car was shipped to Washington for use by the President.

Enjoy,

Joe

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Pictures....... That type of history is something special.

I agree, it would be interesting to see where we would be if JFK had completed his Presidency.

Coastie says:
it would be interesting to see where we would be if JFK had completed his Presidency.

Many think that JFK would have dismantled the CIA, pulled us out of Vietnam, taken a much more cautious view of our place as the world's police, and probably continued these policies through his terms into another two terms with Bobby at the helm.

And, yes, the world would have been a far different place last last 40 years. I suspect that the (modest) economic collapse of the 70s and the slow burn of our economy in the 80s would have been avoided, and that we probably would have seen over 30 years of economic boom, growth, and global good will.

And probably not a lot of wars either.

TJR

I'm not knowledgeable enough to speculate where we would be. I just know that things would be different. Not necessarily better or worse, just different.

I'm curious what the differences would be?????

he would have gotten caught with marilyn monroe in the oval office and we would have had bill clinton on our hands much earlier, lol:lol:

There was a show, I think on the History Channel, about that car not long ago. It was rebuilt after JFK was assassinated and served in the White House fleet until the Carter administration. Imagine getting picked up at the airport in the car JFK got shot in. :wacko:

Joe Z., just a quick Hi!. New member. I grew up in Dearborn Heights, graduated from

Annapolis High School ('81). Knew many people from Henry Ford High (sound familiar?).

I worked at the G.M. Hydra-Matic and Willow Run Assembly plants in Ypsilanti, MI.,

before coming to work in Tennessee at the Saturn Plant. Also a Third-Generation

employee (although G.M.) of the auto factories in Michigan. Feel free to e-mail me,

info in the member profile. Look forward to someone who knows about Southfield

Freeway, I-75, Rotunda Boulevard, Roush Drive, and all of the old street landmarks

that I grew up with. (Lived down the street from the Sears Store on Southfield

and Dix Rds. in Lincoln Park just before I moved to Tennessee).

Latest posts