Jethro Done Killed Hisself a Fed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark K 2

Reaction score
A part-time US Census worker was found hanged in rural Kentucky with the word "FED" scrolled across his chest.

Jethro done gonna get a big can of whoop-ass when the real feds catch up to him.

"Our job is to determine if there was foul play involved and that's part of the investigation and if there was foul play involved, whether that is related to his employment as a Census worker," said Beyer.

" Foul Play" - Ya think? :lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
That poor guy. :(

Sure, everybody is upset with their own government from time to time. But how does that justify killing the low guy on the totem pole who has nothing to do with the decisions and day to day operations of the Government?!

Them conservitives are dangerous people. Expect more of this happening in the future.

Tom

p.s. it is against the law for any of the census workers to carry a gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
What would a gun do here anyhow?

If the guy could be approached, subdued, and hanged, then a gun wouldn't have saved him.

A holstered gun is largely worthless within 9 yards anyhow. Especially if he doesn't train with it, as I doubt a part-time census worker would.

So he has his little 9mm with its 17 or so shots versus the Fed hating gun-toting denizens of KY...he's going to live because he has a gun how?

By the virtue of "only point a gun at something you plan to shoot; only draw your gun if you intend to shoot it", if the census man did have a weapon, his drawing of it would have to lead to his demise, because it would certainly lead to someone's.

Caymen...conservatives are the enemy? Really? :blink:

By the virtue of "only point a gun at something you plan to shoot; only draw your gun if you intend to shoot it", if the census man did have a weapon, his drawing of it would have to lead to his demise, because it would certainly lead to someone's.

You know little about guns, having a gun, and shooting a gun. Your comment reflects that.

Ultimatly, with a gun, you have a chance. In a life or death situation, that is all one can ask for. One small chance. If my life is going to end, I would prefer a small chance vs. no chance at all.

Caymen...conservatives are the enemy? Really?

Yes they are. Much the same as saying liberals are the enemy.

Tom

Since the beginning of this nation killing "FEDS" in the southern states is nothing new. He was probably killed by a stereotypical bootlegger who did mistake him for the taxman. Regardless, murder is wrong no matter which view of the government you have.

"Liberals", "Conservatives"...

Stupid labels used by stupid people to generalize and summarize their beliefs on complex issues. Furthermore, those that identify themselves with either label are by fact and circumstance the "stupidest" of all.

TJR

Stupid labels used by stupid people to generalize and summarize their beliefs on complex issues. Furthermore, those that identify themselves with either label are by fact and circumstance the "stupidest" of all.

AMEN!

I consider myself either a conservitive liberal or a liberal conservitive...which is neither. I have my beliefs that the constitution says all men are created equal.

That means gays must be allowed to get married and that is not a state issue. It is a federal issue.

I do not get worked up by either sides that try to vilinize those that do not agree with them.

One of my guys at work says Glen Back and Rush Limbaugh tell the truth. Everyone else in the media lies. Of course, when someone in the media says something that Glen or Rush says, then they are telling the truth.

Tom

Caymen, I believe you're thinking the gun gives you a magical aura of protection.

Your quote of me is my quote of you, except you said

Never point a gun at something unless you want to destroy it.

So you're reneging on your previous stand?

Seriously, if a bunch of guys rush you when you're walking to their trailer to ask for census information, your firearm is going to save you? Yeah, let me know how it goes. Guys with intent to kill aren't gonna be stopped by the threat of a gun, especially not from a government official, and you can't kill them all before they get to you. I'm all for having guns, but it's not gonna save you.

Furthermore Caymen, this was in the Daniel Boone National Forest. No Fed stands a chance in there alone if he's suspected. Even the DNR goes in with body armor and armored SUVs. The DB National Forest is where the new illegal crop--marijuana--is grown. The gov't has edged out many a moonshiner, and now that forest is the site of many illegal weed patches...weed which has one of the highest concentrations of THC of any available.

The weed growers lethally booby-trap their patches with pipe bombs and such, so if the vaunted fed here got too close, I'd expect him to be killed ala Deliverance if Burt Reynolds hadn't appeared...hopefully minus the piggy part.

So you're reneging on your previous stand?

Nope, never. Gun rule safety. If you are threatened or feel the situation is getting wierd, having a gun MAY provide you with some type of protection. That protection could be giving the bad guy a gunshot requiring hospital care thereby getting the police involved and possibly leading to the arrest and conviction to the suspect(s) or saving the life of the victim.

Nobody says that having a gun will save your life. Nobody says that having a gun will provide a safety shield.

Having a gun gives you a chance to protect yourself. A chance. If I am old and slow, I am not match for a guy young and fast.

Nobody is immune to a small piece of lead at high speeds.

Tom

Bud asks:
Isn't this the kind of Labeling/stereotyping that drives you crazy?!?

Actually, it is stereotyping, but no, this particular example doesn't make me crazy.

Rather, it's unfortunate when people (or even states) live up to their stereotypes, as seems the case in this example.

P.S. Glen Beck does rule. Anyone that thinks he is a conservative nutjob simply hasn't really listened to him.

TJR

Latest posts