Jesse Jackson reportedly also used n-word in off-air gaffe

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
Good thing for him his name isn't Don Imus. :angry:

Edit:

More get-a-long equality speach from the rev...

In 1984, he called New York City “Hymietown,” referring to the city’s large Jewish population. He later acknowledged it was wrong to use the term, but said he did so in private to a reporter.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, so he just gets to apologize ... and everything's okay?

If it were anyone else, an apology is just the start of the destruction of that person, led by Jesse himself. Why should he expect nothing less than equal treatment? Let's start a movement to destroy him based on his "off-air", real character.

I hate that guy.. he may be a detrimental figure in the civil rights movement, but hes an idiot all the same. I agree its an astounding double-standard when he blasts other people for using outdated and hurtful rhetoric, gets them fired, and effectively ruins their life and all he has to do is say, "I apologize."

People's true colour shines through sooner or later...Jerk...

What's funnier is he was at the N-word burial here in Detroit, MI last year. The put the word in a casket and buried it, literally and asked all the black and rap community to stop the use of the word. I can see how effective that was.......

he may be a detrimental figure in the civil rights movement

50 years ago maybe but since then he has only perpetuated the myth that blacks poverty problems are due to their social standings and not a cultural problem. He doesn't want his race to become educated and motivated because he knows he would then loose his popularity.

N-word burial here in Detroit, MI last year. The put the word in a casket and buried it, literally and asked all the black and rap community to stop the use of the word.

We buried my grandfather but I still talk about him. Jesse is having trouble letting go.

It's people like Jackson and Sharpton who continue to perpetrate the notion that this nation is full of racists.

This whole thing shows the hypocracy of Jackson especially. Obama getting in to the W.H. would be the worst thing for Jackson. The media and Jackson have already said that Obama getting in will not change "the struggle" since Obama is not of slave decent so his election would change "nothing".

All racists (black, white, etc) are dangerous and useless.

I was shocked as you would think the "N" word would NOT be part of his repertoire.

I LOVE the fact that he got busted though as it shows the real person behind the fake public character.

You would think these guys would learn that anytime you are near a microphone, you treat it like an enemy. Say ONLY what you want them to hear....

Fred said, "Good thing for him his name isn't Don Imus."

I don't think it's the name that's the determining factor, ya know whut I mean? :D

Every time Jesse Jackass speaks (that's what Al Capp, the <I>Li'l Abner</I> cartoonist, called him), I picture a hippo marking its territory (same thing with Al Sharpton). If you've ever seen that on TV, you know what I'm talking about!