Jeep

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should look into the facts. Jeep is building one model in China for sale in China. GM, Ford, VW, and BMW have been doing the same for years.

All mfgs have models that are made outside the US.

Which part of my one sentence incorrectly states facts?

Maybe they'll learn something about quality control while there.:bwahaha:

Last edited by a moderator:
Which part of my one sentence incorrectly states facts?

Since you asked...

"Made in China", on its own, isn't incorrectly stating anything, as it doesn't indicate what is "made in China". Therefore, it doesn't actually state anything, correctly or incorrectly.

Now, if you combine it with "Jeep", to effectively be "Jeep: Made in China", well, that statement, in most of the most common interpretations of intent, is incorrect:

--It could be interpretted as saying that Jeep, the company, was founded in China--which is incorrect.

--It could be interpretted as saying that Jeep, the company, is now owned by a Chinese-based company--which is incorrect.

--It could be interpretted as saying that Jeep, the vehicles, are manufactured either entirely or mostly in China--which are both incorrect.

So, since you're purporting that your statement is correct--what other interpretation were you intending?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was really just poor topical internet humor. Jeeps are made in China. That is all. And it is correct. Read into it whatever you want, though.

I would thoroughly enjoy the SRT.:haveabeer: