Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judd Quarles

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with a newer model Jeep Grand Cherokee? Just wondering...I am kind of looking at Libertys. While doing so, I ran across an 07 Grand Cherokee, very nice looking vehicle, only has 4200 miles and the person who bought it just kept it a few months and decided to get a Commander. Anyway...I don't know much about them so I just wanted to see what everyone thought. It's a good deal. They are asking $19,995. The sticker on a new one equipped just like it is about $31,000.

I dont know anyone selling a SUV for an 07 for $20k with only 4k on it. I have always liked Jeeps, but they have a small interior for my needs. If it has the bells and whistles you like, I would definitely go for it. I would also run it by a body shop to make sure it wasnt in an accident. The low price makes me leary.

good Luck

I owned a '95 and put 180,000 on it. I have ridden in the '07 and still like it. I just think I can do more with the Trac. I'd like to know why they are selling it so low. You can always have your own machanic look at it.

I did a little more checking by talking to someone I know at the dealership. It seems that this lady had more money than common sense...she had paid cash for it back in February and took their ridiculously low trade in offer and paid cash for the Commander.

Kind of like the Ranger that my dad bought two years ago...it was "used." It had 194 miles on it. Some guy paid cash for it on a Monday and brought it back on a Friday and said it was too small and traded for an F150. My dad got it complete with the Ford certified extended warranty (which means he basically gets the 75000 full miles) for about $5000 less than a new one on sale.

A buddy of mine has a Jeep and likes it. No real issues. It is very different from a ST, but I don't know if that was really your question. I share the concerns others have expressed concerning the price. It's a nice story about the lady paying cash and getting ripped off - twice. But I don't know of many dealerships that would let an opportunity like that get away without trying to maximize their profits. Even if they only have really low $ invested, why wouldn't they still price it appropriately? More bucks for them and a realistic price that they should be able to get, or at least leave a lot of negotiating room. You know the old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

For that price it seems like a good deal, Judd. Like any Chrysler product poor gas mileage and minor issues once off warranty that nickel and dime are to be expected.

TJR

It does have the Chrysler certified 8 yr/ 80K warranty on the powertrain which is also a plus. Especially being that new, the full time would almost apply. Of course, I will hit 80K long before 8 years but it would provide for some peace of mind as far as repair costs would go.

Judd, as I said, it sounds like a good deal. Just be prepared for city gas mileage well, well under the window sticker...at least 4 or 5 mpg lower.

TJR

Might as well get a Grand Cherokee over the Liberty. Gas mileage is nearly the same, and Grand Cherokee is a bit roomier.

Neither on are "real jeeps", according to the hard-cores. I never understood that one, though.

There is NO comparison between a liberty and a Grand Cherokee. I test drove a liberty and it was a horrible ride and not nearly as comfortable.