JDBOXES

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott H

Reaction score
Hey

I'm really interested in your boxes. I would want to go with the dual 10s and I see that I have to remove the storage compartment (I only really used it to store beer.) How would I go about taking it out? After removing it, would I have to mount the box somehow? I'm a high school student on a STRICT budget; can you recommend some good 10's with a power appropriate amp?

Thanks a bunch and I think it's great to have someone supplying us STers with the hard to come by sub boxes.

Scott

I will get you some better info tomarrow when I can actually look at the truck and the parts I took out. But it's pretty straight forward.. a whole bunch of screws and pull out the stuff. The part that actually forms the top for the comparments either has to be removed leaving a bare rear window tray or cut (see picture below)

9bd4a3c83ab272b205cf1f4043b97e6e.jpg

As far as subs go, I use Rockford Fosgate P1's (kind of poopy but get the job done) with an alpine MRP-M450 (the older version but same specs)

I have been looking to upgrade to Infinity REF1052W. You have to keep in mind we don't have alot of space to work with so our choices are limited. The P1's are pretty cheap though and in my truck shakes the rear view mirror some. It's about the perfect amount for me (24, listen to rock/rap/metal/pop basicly everything expect country so it fills in quiet nicely.)

Thanks a lot.

Keep in mind I'm very interested and any more information would be appreciated.

Scott

I would agree but their 10" might not fit in one of my boxes. They are right at the 5" mark. It would most likely rest against the back wall.

Do you know off hand if they have a rear pole vent?

5" is cutting it real close.. The P1's are 4 11/16 or something like that and they have a pole vent which doesn't get much room to breath. They work though.

True, if he went w/dual 8s he'd be able to put in better subs, for SQ anyway, would be even nicer than those 10s ... although those RFs are still good, just more SPL-based.

Last edited by a moderator:
why not build the backwall from fiberglass. If you were to build the sides and top out of mdf you could easily layer the bask wall from fiberglass, therefore giving you more mounting depth.

Jason

It can definatly be done that way, but you won't gain much in depth (max 1/2") because you still have to lay the glass down thick so it doesn't flex, and it because a much more difficult project.

I have RF p2 10", i only had 5.5 mounting depth i think. and I took the magnet cover off and it made a great difference.

Boodro

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts