James "Scotty" Doohan passes away at age 85.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep--Had it shot off in WWII. Took four more bullets in the leg, and a sixth bullet hit him in the chest. His cigarette case stopped it, and likely saved his life. That is, until now.

He led an amazing life. Landed at Juno Beach on D-Day, survived the aforementioned injuries, and fathered a child at 80. As his obituary stated, he always managed to hide the missing finger while on camera. Much like Gary Burgoff hid his deformed hand as Radar O'Reilly on M*A*S*H.

We're glad we knew you, and we're sorry you're gone.

But in thousands of hearts, your memory lives on.

My fav episode is the one where the aliens take control of the Enterprise and soup up the engines for the long journey back to the Andromeda Galaxy. The scene where Scotty drinks one of the aliens under the table is a classic!

He will be missed around here, he grew up and attended high school here in Sarnia Ontario(born in Vancouver),I live just outside the city, and he came back here more than a few times to entertain school kids or take part in some community events, he never forgot his roots.

We will always remember his service and sacrifice in the Canadian military during WWII

We,ll miss ya Scotty

Todd

Last edited by a moderator:
The original Star Trek is probably my favorite TV series of all time. I'm sorry to see Doohan go.

Well, that makes two cast members that I know of: Scotty and "Dr. McCoy" -- DeForest Kelly, who died a few years ago, plus the series creator, Gene Roddenberry. :(

For years, whenever I'm in a plane and it's just ready to lift off and we're all getting pushed back into the seats, I say in a Scottish accent loud enough for those sitting near me to hear, "The thrusters are at full power!!! I'm givin' 'er all she got Captain, she can't take any more!!!" My kids love it when I do that. :lol: The wife is a Trekkie and hates it. :p

Try it when you're sitting near someone who's afraid of flying. :D

R.I.P. Scotty.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Engineer myself, his caracter has always been an idol of mine.

She cannot doit captain! The toilets are backed up into the warp drive again! If it continues this way, I cannot be responsible for the safety of the ship!

Latest posts