itunes 7

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Girouard

Reaction score
New ipod nano 4 GiG, Installed itunes 7, put several different audio CD's in my drive and all I ever get is track1, track 2, track 3 etc... in the library.

As suggested by Apple, try clicking "advanced, get CD track names", then I get CDDB error, HTTP processing error.

What do I do now? I am using Windows XP SP2.

I have used Real player and windows media player and have always had no problem loading CD's in those libraries. What gives? :huh:

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Do you have a firewall? If so, is iTunes cleared to go through? I haven't had to update my iTunes yet (I usually do) because I haven't used it for awhile. Maybe someone else has ideas if that's not the problem.;)

Ok, I got ya. I usually use Media player to put music from a CD onto my computer. I've never tried using iTunes for that. I know it's an extra step by using the Media player then transfering them to your iTunes folder, but have you tried that? If you have trouble getting Media player to get the album info then you have some other program blocking the connection.;)

Yeah, did that also, and it transfers the music with track names and all. Works ok, only I would like to have itunes do it all for me. Maybe I' m asking too much from an Apple product. :)

Did this version just come out? If so, maybe they just haven't gotten the system up completely. Just a thought. I understand the want of just one program to do it all.;)

iTunes 7 has many, many flaws. Take a look at the AppleCare Forums. My recommendation is to uninstall and grab the 6.5 installer from Apple. It is much more stable. I upgraded then backloaded to 6.5 after numerous problems.

Just came out a few months ago. In fact, when I bought the Nano, the older version of itunes would not accept my ipod. I had to load the itunes 7 for it to communicate with it.

Latest posts