Its been a week now

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike burns 3

Reaction score
I traded my Gen1 for a Honda Ridgeline. It wasnt easy I have always been a Ford person but I didnt want a F150 and they dont have much else. The Honda is nice. It rides much better and the power is stronger and more even. Gas mileage still stinks. Looks, well lets just say its an acquired taste. The heated seats, rear storage, and overall layout is better than the Gen1.

I did try a Gen2 but I wanted a more utility interior and I just couldn't change to the Gen2. Time will tell if it was a good move. So far I'm happy.

I like the Tacoma sport crew cab 2x2, better than the ridgline.

As a ford guy myself. That is what I will do. Unless ford comes back with something new.

I cant get past the ridgline front and bed wings,,,,,,,,

You cant really tell that much difference in normal driving. In snow and ice the rear end doesn't try to come around. The power is a little more predictable. I'm not sure if its the motor or transmission.

Living on a dirt road is great not to have the rear end coming around on washboard bumps like the Ford always tried to do.