It's almost Hunting season

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose Santana

Reaction score
I been getting ready for some bow hunting real soon. Tree stand in place, bow shooting nicely and the air is getting cool.... I feel like a kid waiting for xmas....

Oh and I got a nice 37.5" striper on Cape cod over the weekend..... nice fish big and fat!

Good luck and happy hunting! I went last Saturday, saw 3 does but they were too far away for ME to shoot at them with a bow. :D

I can't wait!! Been shooting quite a bit, put a final edge on the broadheads, loaded the hunting arrows in the quiver, packed my backpack, loaded the GPS with Coords, maps are ready, have licenses, ...

Favorite hunting joke:

A hunter and his friend were sitting in a tall tower stand near a highway early on opening morning. Suddenly, a huge buck walked out over the corn they had spread out earlier. Moving quickly, the hunter carefully aimed the scope on his rifle at the unsuspecting buck. As he was about to squeeze the trigger on this deer of a lifetime, his friend alerted him to a funeral procession passing slowly by down the highway.

The hunter pulled away from the gunstock, set the rifle down, took off his hat, bowed his head, and then closed his eyes in prayer. His friend was stunned. "Wow, that is the most thoughtful and touching thing I have ever seen you do. You are indeed the kindest man I have ever known, and I feel lucky to call you a friend."

The hunter shrugged. "Yeah, well, we were married for 35 years."

I have been invited on a "sweater boy" Elk hunt on a huge private ranch by a good friend- would like to go to see the place but I'm put off by the incredible success rate they have- seems like a hunt in the San Diego Zoo....

Where is the elk hunt Paul...do they have a website? Certainly worth checking out...like you tho, I would only want to hunt wild elk, and not in a high fence setup. I'm going to So. IL in mid Nov. BTW, and I'm like a "little kid" too JMack! JimT

Several hunting seasons getting started up here in Maine shortly. I am getting ready and excited too, although going to be a lot less of that stuff this year with the new baby. I only got to go striper fishing once this year but was able to catch three smaller ones so it was good. If your a Red Sox fan there in Mass you may already know that Papelbon is coming here to Maine hunting a couple times. I'm hoping to meet him as he is supposed to do some duck hunting with a friend of mine. Anyway just looking through your pics looks like we have a lot in common, good luck and play safe.

This past Saturday was the beginning of archery season in PA. I was out most of the day. Didn't see much. It rained off and on all day. I did have a chance to video a small 5-point buck on Friday afternoon though. I was checking out the tree where I wanted to use my climbing stand. I was doing a test climb and was only about ten feet up when I looked down and saw this buck about 60 yards down the hill. I thought, what the heck, let's see how he reacts to the grunt call. Within five minutes he was directly under me eating acorns. I'm holding out for his old man. ;)

Latest posts