It Started after 8 months!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Wolf

Reaction score
Well, The old 2002 ST, which has pretty much sat idle since December... 240K on the odometer.

Was saving it for the teenager to drive, but he didn't want it. I parked it, been meaning to do brakes on it for a while, but problems with my back prevent me from doing too much these days, and time just passed...

Today, I decided, Hmmm. Will it start?

Popped some jumper cables on it, and the engine wouldn't turn, Figured it was toast. Has oil, not too dirty....

Tried a few more times, Had power, but wouldn't turn, then out came a clunk, a big puff of smoke, and the engine purred like a kitten.

Took it up the road, got air in the tires.

Brakes are bad, they vibrate, make noise while driving, clunk and blah.

Back brakes, I see brake fluid.

Maybe it's time I teach that whippersnapper how to fix some things, and he can do the work I can't.

Im so surprised how good that engine sounded.

Guess I have a project now. The ST itch is back.

Meh, 8 months isn't really that long. It is best to remove the battery and put some Sta-Bil in the tank if it's going to sit. I would do that every year to the old Lincoln condo car that my dad kept in FL and never had any problems. The brakes are vibrating because the rotors are rusty, which may or may not clear up on their own.

Gave her new brakes on the front, an A/C recharge, a nice wash, and she's good to go!

One of the front rotors was broke into two pieces, Glad I went ahead and fixed that!

Latest posts