Is this the 2012 Ford Explorer?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Cloutier

Reaction score
Although the futuristic lines of the Explorer America Concept have been considerably toned down, the new crossover is notably more svelte than its predecessors. The exterior styling is more an amalgamation of current FoMoCo design cues, specifically the Edge-like headlamps and de-chromed tri-bar grille. The contouring on the front bumper is an interesting touch and the darkened A-pillars do their best wrap-around windshield impression.

Maybe that's why they have discontinued the Sport Trac? :grin:

They knew the loyal customer base would DIE before allowing the trac to be bastardized in that way. :cheeky:

Maybe that's why they have discontinued the Sport Trac? :grin:

They knew the loyal customer base would DIE before allowing the trac to be bastardized in that way. :cheeky:

I've said it before, it looks really close to being a Chevy!! Will reserve further judgement until the design is finallized. BC :toilet:

I like the real pictures. That looks like a Photoshop. Just want to see what a new Ranger/F100 looks like...if it exists

go to the Ford New Zealand and look at the Rangers there. I got a kick out of the Crew Cab with a flat bed & duallies, 4L turbo diesel. I would buy one of those. :supercool:

Isn't a ranger with a longer bed & a crew cab basically just a lower F150 with a more cramped interior?

What's the point of that?

I've been in many a ranger, and I've never been impressed. Way too cramped for me, and a crew cab won't change that, unless it jumps up to ST/F150 size.

Latest posts