Is the rest of the US talking about Baltimore?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Barlow

Reaction score
I am putting this out there for my own curiousity. I drive a commuter bus into the City twice a day. I grew up there, I was proud of the place, not anymore.

Everyone knows about Norris, he has a show now on the radio and sheds light on things in the news.

One thing I learned if you take money from someone, even your father, you must include this on your financial statement. If not you could find yourself going to court YOU vs. United States of America.

Some backround info:

We have the highest crime rate in the country. Someone said its safer in Irag then per capta. Hard to believe. We have a pervasive sub-culture that every criminal can be a mobster. Senseless violence, anywhere there is money. Along with this there is a great racial tension.

When the mayor ran for Govenor, he made no mention of the crime problem. Yet, when he ran for re-election for mayor he touted the greatest decline in crime in the country.

Govenor O'Malley has been labeled the "Baby Jesus." He tells people what they want to hear, especially the ignorant voter.

The Police arrest about 100,000 a year. 1 and 6 people in Baltimore.

The city council is talking about fountains and green roofs.

So the question, is this national news ?

Ed, I'm your neighbor here in PA and I haven't heard about it.

People get the govt they deserve. Philadelphia's murder rate is the worst in the country. Mayor Street is a GAWD AWFUL mayor, but the people that voted him in seem to love him, and if he could run again he would probably win.

I SERIOUSLY think that the people in the suburbs of these large, blighted cities should be able to vote in their elections. Most of the people that work in Philadelphia live in the 'burbs, yet have to pay a city wage tax (over 5%), yet can't vote for the mayor. That is taxation without representation in my book. I don't think you would have these corrupt, worthless mayors for long if my idea was inacted.

TJR

Baltimore? Is that a football or baseball team? :lol:

What you desribe is normal. Now if there was a perfect city, that would be newsworthy. :)

I had heard a couple of weeks ago that officials were proposing implementing random street/block closures and curfews to try and slow the violence up there.

Doesn't sound like national news to me. It sounds like business as normal in the United States. Politicians only talking about topics that make them look good? Radio shows screaming the sky is falling everyday?

Yep! Welcome to America. :wacko:

I have heard about the problem in Bmore. I am from Annapolis so thats why I know about it. I love listening to Ed Norris though, he has some great stuff on his show.

Holy S--t!!, Street is Mayor in Philly???

Is that the same SOB that was a radical loser in the 80's?? Who continously disrupted City Council Meetings and government functions?

What about MOVE, remember the "roust em outy with fire bombs"?

I just saw Rocky 5 or 6 or wahtever, and Philly looked almost the same as Rocky 1...

You'll have to forgive my ignorance, I moved (ran) from the Philly area years ago and never looked back...

Ken, that's him.

During his first run for mayor the opposition ran a negative ad campaign against Street...it was a home movie taken at one of those early 80s council meetings where Street punched a guy. He still won.

Parts of Philly, like those shown in Rocky, haven't changed in 30 years. Just as run down as ever.

The ONLY thing Mayor Street has done, and I will give him credit for that, is he hauled away something like 30,000 (yeah, that's the number) abandoned cars from the city streets. If put end to end, they would've stretched from Philly to NYC.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow !!!!:blink:

The NE political machine is unlike no other !!!

I heard the Jersey Gov. came out of the closet last year, admist a hail of corruption ...

+1 for the Sopranos !!

Latest posts