Is it worth it?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
okay still looking at buying an 07 ST. I found a 'brand new' (51miles) limited: silver, tan leather, V8, everything wxcept the NAV and the moonroof. He will sell it with full mfg warranty for $22k. Its really stating to push my budget, but it sounds pretty good. go for it?

What does Kelly's Blue Book say?

You need to have that information to make a educated decision unless you simply want it and can afford the asking price, if that is the case, then go for it.

If I had to guess, that is very close to it's worth. The price of trucks has dropped a substantial amount due to gas mileage issues.

I had a local dealer sell AN UNTITLED 2006 Dodge Ram Hemmy right near me for $16,200.00 simply because they could not sell it... This this was sharp,,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, it's "Hemi", not "Hemmy". It's short for "hemispherical", which is a reference to the shape of the combustion chamber in the heads.

offer him 21k and i think that is fair.(20k if is 4x2).

it is a 2 year old vehicle. the warranty goes into effect the day of delivery regadless of the year

ive haggled him to death and his best case is $22k. 3/36 b-b warranty (starts day I take it) and 5/60 power train. Even though its '2 years old' it is new in all the mechanical sense, ie. tires, brakes, other consumables, etc.

keep on him and maybe no more than 21.5k if you really want it. remind him it's a 2 year old model and that it has been on his lot that long. also, the fact that these things are not moving.

good luck

Take your time, if its been on the lot this long, it will still be there Monday. Make him wait through the weekend...

How does a vehicle sit so long on the lot? Is it good for a vehicle to sit that long? I hope it has fuel stabilizer in the tank. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the battery is discharged with only 51 miles in two years. I would do a search on the VIN just to make sure this vehicle wasn't sold before or that something else weird is up with it. This just doesn't sound right.

Even though its '2 years old' it is new in all the mechanical sense, ie. tires, brakes, other consumables, etc.

It may be "2 years old", but the fact is that it is 2 years old. You will take a SUBSTANTIAL hit when you drive it off the lot. In business, sometimes you need to cut your losses and get something out of your hands. Though the vehicle is new, it doesn't mean that it is a new vehicle. It is still 2 years old and the value of the vehicle will reflect that.

Tom

Tom, you are absolutely right and thats what Ive expressed. The original sticker was ~$33k, with dealer invoice around $28.5k. At $22k it seems to take into acct the 'age'. But still, I want to make sure I am getting the best deal I can. It is a small dealership that normally only sells 25-30 cars a month, so it is plausible that some models get 'stuck' there. It has everything I want on it (and then some) except maybe the sunroof. I would have liked that. I tried to get them to throw in the extended 100k mile powertrain warranty to seal the deal. His 'boss' wont give in any more but would sell it to me for $895.

So I am letting them think about it for a day or so but will probably take it at this price if I can get no better.

tom,

clever observation :rolleyes:

seamcg,

remember it is still a ford. residule in a few years = a few hundred dollars

Latest posts