IRS Rebate Question???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
I am familiar with the numbers of the rebate. My questions is, on a personal level I made more than the maximum cutoff where they start to give you less rebate back. But as a Joint income we are less than the maximum.

By that, as a married couple we made less than the $150,000 cut off. HOWEVER, we filed separately as it was the best thing for us to do for tax reasons this year.

Will be be looked at as separate or as a married couple?

Thanks...

If you are talking about the 2008 Bush Tax Rebate then I suspect whatever filing status you had for your 2007 Federal Tax Return form(s) 1040 is the same that will be applied/considered for the tax rebate. In other words, if you filed seperately before you will be considered as seperate files for the rebate.

Seems to me that if you have kids one of you should have filed individual, the other head of household.

Either way, you should consult the same tax person that suggested you file seperately.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure why married couples file seperately since generally they pay the least amount of taxes.

Les, in my case, we look at every option there is possible to file and see what combination brings us back the largest return. 2 years ago joint was the way to go for us. However, this year single with my wife claiming the kids as dependents worked out best.

The difference was a bit over 3000 dollars,,, and that is just the difference...

Just make sure you guys are not claiming single and head of household. You can't do both and the tax boxed software won't catch it. You will end up having to redue your taxes, with a fine, and pay more.

THE DATES WE WILL BE RECEIVING OUR TAX RELIEF CHECKS. IT IS SCHEDULED BY THE LAST 2 NUMBERS OF YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER.

The Last 2 digits of your SSN Receive your check by week of

00 - 09 July 23

10 - 19 July 30

20 - 29 August 6

30 - 39 August 13

40 - 49 August 20

50 - 59 August 27

60 - 69 Sept. 3

70 - 79 Sept. 10

80 - 89 Sept. 17

90 - 99 Sept. 24

For married taxpayers who filed a joint return, the first Social Security Number on the return determines the mailing date.

Latest posts