Ipod

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Girouard

Reaction score
My wife wants an ipod for Xmas. I am looking at the 4 Gig version as it is in my price range, about $230.00 Canadian. She mostly wants it for music but may also use it to store or view photos as she paints with oil on canvass. She also will want a dock with sound system to go with it. I see Sandisk and others have similar products, but don't know much about any of them, Can someone enlighten me?

If she's wanting to store and/or view photos like that, she's better off with a full ipod or even possibly one of the others like the Zune (the new toy on the market) or the one from Creative (Zen I think is the name of it).

I had tired a couple of SanDisk ones as well as Rio, and none of them were as reliable as the Ipod I got for my wife. With the others it sems there was always something wrong. I had to reload the songs, reflash the firmware, etc. I finally went and got her an Ipod and all has been well. Now all I hear is how she needs the battery charged...

I just recently was in the market for an iPod or MP3 player and went with the 30GB iPod. Got full movies, photos, music videos and music on there. Check prices because the 30 GB iPod and the 8GB iPod nano were the same price. I am in the US but they were both $248 plus tax.

The Nano is a great choice! I have a last generation one and my girlfriend's folks just bought her a new generation iPod nano for her birthday. The new ones are amazing little devices. Full aluminum body so there is no worries of it scratching, nice and light and 4 gigs of flash based storage (no hard drive to break). Her folks ordered it from Apple so they even got it engraved with her name so it won't be lost. Only problem is they bought her the hot pink one so there's no way I'll borrow it! LOL

It won't do videos, but it does pictures with no problem. You can opt to include just thumbnails or the full resolution pictures as well. You can then slideshow them on the screen. The Nano doesn't hook up to your TV though, if your wife wants that feature you'd have to go with the 30 or 80 gig iPod.

As for speakers / docks? No problem there as since the iPod has 70-80% of the market and almost every manufacturer out there seems to make iPod specific docks & speakers.

Stick with an apple product. They have always out classed any windows based product. you will pay more, but in the end. less headaches. plus if you need to sell it, you will get more for it just cuz of the name

I won an Ipod Mini (4GB) over 2 years ago in a drawing and it has worked flawlessly since then. I've taken it running, dropped it a few times, hooked it up to sound systems and listen to it at work. I love it! I decided to get the new Ipod Shuffle (tiny but 1GB of disk) and use it for running. Love it!

If your wife is into walking or jogging, another really nice thing about going with the Nano would be the Nike+Sports kit. You attach a small fob to your shoe lace, plug a small wireless adapter into the bottom of the Nano and it will track your work outs for you.

Tracks distance, time, # of workouts, calories burnt and average speed. Once you get back home it uploads it all to your computer for stats.

Latest posts