iPod Interface

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil Vidt

Reaction score
Has anyone tried adding an iPod interface to their stock stereo system? I have seen several that allow you to put a device between the stereo and your iPod. This is supposed to give you the funcationality of the iPod through your stereo controls. I am considering one of these but want to know if anyone has installed one and what their opinion is of the deivice is.

Thanks.

Look in the projects section under stereo or electronics, I have seen some projects folks have done putting an ipod mount into their console. They just plug it in and hit the auxilary button

isimplesolutions.com makes a device that allows you to retain the factory satellite and add an iPod and auxiliary to your factory radio will full text display and full browsing from the radio. The ISFD73 is the part number. This module is also branded under Pacific Accessory Corp as the uPAC-FRD24 and Perpheral Electronics as the PXAMG / PGHFD1. This module is also expandable and allows you to add the Sirius SCC1 tuner directly to it as well as the HDRT (HD Radio tuner) and allows for all text to be displayed as well.

If you went to your local dealer and asked them for iPod and HD Radio this is the product that Ford offers from the factory.... must be some good stuff....

Stupid question, is an IPOD a cellphone also?I gotta get a new cell, mine is only 12 yrs old, yes that is a sheet metal screw antenna, lost mine awhile back.Works well tho, spiral technology:)[Broken External Image]:

no, you're probably thinking of "iphone", which is a phone and mp3 player in one, lots of phones now have the mp3 play capability other than the iphone. last I heard, had to go with AT&T for iphone. check out www.apple.com

Latest posts