Ipod Interface for stock radio

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cynthia Grant

Reaction score
Has anyone found an ipod interface that can be connected to a stock radio which is NOT the 6-disc changer? I have a 2003 ST with the original single CD/tape player combo. I don't really want to put a whole new sound system in a 2003 truck, but am getting tired of using the type of ipod connector that has to be tuned in to FM frequencies.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Just get a new iPod aftermarket head unit. I have a nice Alpine 9883 that came out of my 2008 STA. Can have it for $50 plus shipping. You will need to buy the alpine iPod cable for it. They are like $30. The 9883 is perfect for what you're looking for and you can expand your entire sound system with it if you wanted too. It's also amplified so your stock stuff will sound better.

I used one from USA spec, which allowed me to control my ipod. I DID NOT HAVE THE 6 DISK changer and it work fine for me! Probably had the same radio as you in the 02. I have thus upgraded to an 08, but if you have any other questions about it. shot an email

Latest posts