IPhone and Blackberry users

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Marano

Reaction score
I recently purchased a case for my Iphone called the "Otter Box". It is a rugged, three layer hard and rubber case. I work out of a Fedex location at our airport and I am around planes often. As some of you know, I live in Syracuse, NY. One of the snowiest places in the USA, lol So today I lose my phone from my belt clip...I panic and begin to retrace my steps. I find my IPhone face down in the snow, with tire tracks over it. It had been run over by a belt loader with chains on the tires. As I picked it up I have only one thought in my mind.....it's crushed. The "Otter Box" saved my cell phone. No scratches and no water or snow got to my phone. Simply amazing. I just want to say it is worth the $50 investment instead of paying upwards of $300 or better for a new phone. :smile0006::smile0004:

Wow, what a testimonial. Glad the iphone was ok. I'd send that experience to the maker of the case. Maybe worth a discount on future purchase. :smile0015:

I have an iphone, have a leather belt case, and the phone has a hard shell case on the backside. I will now be taking a look at what you are using for a case!

Not to discount the sturdiness of the case, but do you think the snow whereit fell helped somewhat to cushion the "run over"?

Thanks for sharing. :smile0006:

I have had those otter box covers in the past, they are awesome. military uses them. This past weekend I bought my wife and I-phone, and the pink/black otter box cover for it, she said, "blah blah blah, I don't need all of that protection" to which I replied, you want the phone that we can't insure, you get this, that way I don't have to worry about buying another one.

That cover is worth a lot more than the 50 dollar price tag, for sure.

I've had my Otterbox on my iphone for over 8 months now. Tell everyone I can about it. I've dropped it in 2 feet of water on a call, picked it right back up and kept talking. Amazing how many times I've dropped it. Not one scratch on the iphone. There are 2 issues though.

The case can create an oil like effect between the phone and case where the screen is. This can be fixed by using the natural oil on your skin. Rub your finger on your head then on the inside of the case where it's clear. The oil from your skin will eliminate the oil slick appearance.

The 2nd thing is an echo experienced by the person calling you. This can be eliminated by pulling the plug out where the charger goes when calling. Apparently the sound bounces around inside the case with no where to exit until this plug is pulled out. I believe they fixed this issue on the new models though.

The protection the case provides is unmatchable, but it does have it's faults. After these quick fixes I've enjoyed it much more. Hope this helps anyone considering.

Yeah I was definitely thinking of sending my story to Otter Box, lol. Funny thing is, I bought the Otter Box YESTERDAY, lol :smile0005:

Joe M, Yes I do think the snow helped a bit, but the tarmac was down to ice basically because it is plowed everyday, but like I said, not only was the phone unscratched, the phone was dry. I would have been up the creek with my Apple Care warranty because it does not cover water damage. The Otter Box screen has a few scratches on it but nothing that is going to be any nuisance to me seeing my screen.

fmarano - got ya.

Here's a link to a You Tube instructional demo video on this case at the bottom of the page (2 minutes)...pretty substantial case for sure. :smile0006:

http://www.otterbox.com/iphone-3g-3gs-defender-case

Latest posts