iPad

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Alcaro

Reaction score
need some of your input here, Please!

I'm about to get an Apple iPad 32 GB Wi-Fi + 4G but I'm not sure which provider I want to go with.

Verizon or AT&T

At home I have the Verizon bundle (Fios, Internet and Phone) and for our cells, Pat and I have AT&T. (some likes and some dislikes with each)

Those of you who use an iPad, which internet provider do you use and are you pleased with your choice?

THANK YOU,

Bob A.

We use the AT&T just because you and start and stop it anytime. We travel about 4 times a year and it is nice to just pay for the limited months time. The best service depends on your time usage.

i have AT&T service as they had a better pricing plan then verizion. at first when we purchased it i was going to with verizon since all our other items are on with them, but they did not have the iPad we wanted with verizon service in stock.

mine is the same one you are looking at and you will be very happy with it and the AT&T service is good.

good luck

(Forgive the less tech savy here) Is Verizon a cable internet in your area? Can you get a wireless router and therefore get WIFI with what you already have?

Sondra

Continuing Sondra's line of commenting--Where are you expecting to use it? I know a number of people who truly only use their iPads at either home or work (or at least, they only use it in a way which requires connectivity in those locations), and they thus don't bother paying for anything additional, they simply rely on wifi.

Personally, I would go with an Android tablet. You get more options for places (Google Play, Amazon, and several others) to get apps from, and you usually don't get frowned on by the manufacturer if you decide to root/jailbreak! I've heard horror stories of people that jailbroke their Apple device getting the device terminated by Apple.

I use AT&T plan for the iPad 1 that I have. Not that cost efficient, but it is not a hassle.

I'm thinking of going to a family shared data plan with Verizon, and if I do we get a free hotspot device with that included. Instead of paying for two $30 plans currently to Verizon, and $25 for the AT&T data plan for the iPad, I can pay $70 to Verizon and drop the data plan with AT&T, saving me $15/month. Only downside is carrying around and making sure the hotspot is charged,...but I can use it for my PC too when traveling. Not sure if it is worth it, though.

TJR

Thank You All,

My driver here is when we travel, I want to still have access to internet, and some apps which will be enjoyed (ie: GPS route maps.Streamlined daily news app.etc.).

I decided to go with Verizon for several reasons, I understand there are many dead spots with AT&T which would affect us when traveling West and I already have a verizon email address, as well as they offer the ability to drop the plan from month to month like AT&T.

Thank You All again for your input, Much Appreciated!

Bob

Latest posts