Ionic breeze

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B M

Reaction score
Sorry for the way off topic post, but does anyone have the Quadra ionic breeze units for your home? I have done the research, and I have heard some horror stories in relation to health, all the way to units actually blowing up due to candle smoke. I am trying to get cooked food smell out of the house each day. The old mother-in-law is staying with us for a bit, she likes to cook food that has a horrible after smell. Just dislike walking into a home that smells like food. Anyway, if anyone has one, is it worth it. Thanks in advance !!

One of the things you might look into is an aftermarket Air filter to put in your home Heating and A/C unit. You can get those with a carbon filter to get rid of smoke and smells.They are expensive, but will clean the air for the whole house. These are what I used to sell at the old business I worked at. Last time I checked they were 300 dollars, but they were well worth it in the long run.I know that there is more A/c. techs out there._ Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommend the Alpine Air products

Had a girlfriend that smoked pretty heavy.... she had one of these in her house.

Whenever I came over to her place, I would NEVER smell a cigarette. These things work!

A bit more pricey than that sharper image stuff.... but I tell ya... I'm sensitive to smoke, and

these things really clean up the air. I've seen them being used in bars as well...

First response is a one way bus ticket back from where she came?

Next would be to attack the problem, which is the cooking exhaust is not being removed to the outdoors. Some units just recirculate the smoke back into the room.

I just remodelled my kitchen and installed a commercial grade exhaust ventilator, on high it will suck paint off the walls.

I personally like the Ionic Breeze. I have had 6 Quadras in my house (one in every bedroom, plus the family and living rooms) for about 4 years. Keeps the air smelling fresh and seems to pull a lot of dust out of the air. I've even cleaned out some parakeet feathers (we have one parakeet) out of one of the filters.

One thing to note is that they do not move a lot of air quickly, so they must be left on all the time. I clean the filters every 2 weeks with a quick rinse. I do have allergies and these Quadras seem to do a good job of pulling stuff out of the air. I used to have a conventional air filter with a noisy fan that I bought from CostCo years ago (filters were really expensive and the unit because so dirty, I just threw the whole thing away).

I've got an IONIC BREEZE for my cigarette lighter in my ST. Bought it at Sharper Image. I've noticed that whenever it rains and I have the IB on, there isn't that sometimes stale, lingering water smell from moisture trapped in the floor mats.

Chops, TJR....... I am not gonna get started with that !! !! !! I am trying my best ..... Believe it or not I offered, and the wife was hesitant.....lol.

Thanks for the responses, and email!! Great info, it is appreciated. I don't benefit to much on the cooking. Thanks again

The worst smelling food I have smelled is Korean kimchee and Mexican menudo. I can't even stand to smell it. I can't imagine people putting that stuff in their mouths. :blink:

A cheap solution would be Febreeze. That stuff is good. :)

Latest posts