Intermittent Blower

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy all.

Recently my Job 1 2001 Trac (122k miles) began having blower motor troubles. This truck just has the three knobs to control climate - fan speed, temp, and ac/heat mode knobs. No auto climate control or anything like that.

Here is a typical scenario:

The heat is on - and working fine. I stop to run into a store and turn off the vehicle.

Come back out a minute later, start the truck, and even though the controls are still ON, the blower is completely off - no matter where I move any of the heater / AC controls. Speed setting does nothing. Changing the mode to off, to AC, to the different heat settings does nothing. No blower motor. Nothing I touch makes any difference - it will not come back on.

Driving along a couple miles later - going straight down a smooth road - the blower will suddenly come back on and function normally until I turn off the truck again.

Next time I start the truck - it may or may not work. Seems like it is happening more and more often though.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Zim

Sounds like a armature issue within the blower motor to me. Could also be nothing more than a bad connection.

Next time it happens, tap around the switch area and see if it comes on, if not, tap around the blower motor and see if it comes on. If so, you will have a direction to head...

PG-13 time.:

Don't read further if easily offended:

I came across this thread and the subject caught my attention.

For a moment I thought the subject was a Carnac answer, akin to the old Johnny Carson skit:

(raises card to turbin and says)

"What every wife becomes after only a few short years of marriage?"

TJR

Latest posts