Intake noise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAUL AGUILAR

Reaction score
Hello,

this weekend I went to replace my t-stat because I got a code about truck not getting up to temp at a certain time.........

and to get to the t-stat I took all the intake off (K&N) intake.......was on there when I bought the truck :(

So now i get this whine (turbo like whine) at about 2k rpms.........and only does it under load....

all ready took the intake apart again and put it back together figured i left something loose.......

and nothing still get the intake noise........

any ideas guys?

thanks in advance for the help.

It's common to get a whine, whistle or even a roar from you intake when the filter is removed or the stock air filter box is removed. Nothing wrong with your Sport Trac, it just shows the additional task of the air fiter and filter box which is often called an air silencer. It's just certain intake lengths can create a harmonic frequency which creates the whistling, or whining noise...and there is not much you can do about it.

...Rich

yea I had read that before............ but my intake didnt do it before i messed with it :( now it does............

maybe i changed the lenght somehow........ lol