Insufficient EGR flow

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have 1995 Ford Taurus LX Sedan 3.0 OHV with the code 332(insufficient egr flow).

I have replaced the egr valve and the dpfe sensor. The code still comes on and I did not know if anybody else would have any knowledge of this matter. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated before I smack head into the wall. :banghead: Thanks in advance.

I tried to run a metal object trough the hole where the egr connects to the intake but it never seems to go the whole way through. The hole seems to twist into the intake but then it stops. I figured it would have been a straight shot directly into the intake. I really don't feel like ripping the whole intake off just to clean it, but I might not have a choice. Thanks for the input.

Before remving the intake try and remove the 2 rubber tubes that run to the DPFE sensor and running someing like a heavy duty pipe cleaner (or better,a very small rounded steel brush for this type of purpose) through them. I suspect one of those tubes is stopped up.

I will have to try that, but my car only has the one hose that comes off the DPFE sensor. I don't know why that even skipped my mind. I guess I was to frustrated trying to put the rear struts on the back of the car. Thanks!

If the car runs with the egr valve removed then the port in the intake is plugged, happens all the time. I pull the egr valve off and use an old 1/8 inch wire cable attached to a drill and start going at the passage but sometimes you have to remove the intake.

Latest posts