instrument panel lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Wirrick

Reaction score
I would like to change the color of the lights on the instrument panel. I saw it somewhere on here. I think it was a film put over the panel. Can anyone tell me where I can get the film or how to replace the bulbs? Thanks........

To change the bulbs, you will have to take the instrument cluster out of the dash, as they plug into the back. As for the green film, you need to take a razor blade and scrape it off the back of the gauge faces.

you dont have to use a razor.... i used 400 grit sandpaper. you can look in my profile and see that i changed them to blue.. and i rep[laced the bulbs with 194 size leds from ebay.

Dallas

I got these on ebay. These particular ones have flames on them that dance to the stereo (see my library) But they do have differant styles. What do you mean by cabin filter?

Fred, the ST doesn't have a cabin filter, as far as I know, only the Navigator and possibly the new Expeditiona dn maybe Avaiator have those.

Larry, the cabin filter is a simple charcoal filter that filters intake air for the HVAC system, it's so you don't get smelly air from outside. Some new luxo cars also have microfilters that filter out pollen and other allergens.

Latest posts