Instrument Cluster Bulbs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Most of my IP (dash) bulbs are burnt out. I only have 2-3 left burning which make it almost impossible to see any of the gauges at night.

I am going to tackle soon as the weather breaks here in the D. Does anyone have any suggestions or words of wisdom on this job? Looks straight forward but I welcome any tips.

<--- Projects (Replacing Instrument Cluster Bulbs)

Last edited by a moderator:
SIX for the gauge cluster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr lunchbox, pretty sure it is the same, I did it for mine, was six bulbs. Cannot remember off the top of my head, but putting a chock block under the wheel + e-brake and setting gear into L sure made this process faster. Once I post this I will see what gen I have.

I followed this thread through and looked up the suggested LED bulbs. When I saw they were 10 bulbs for $10, shipped, I bought a set. It took them a couple of weeks to arrive, but what a difference now that they are installed! I didn't realize how much I've been missing! I changed the AC controls lights, too. Now the whole dash is lit up! The white parts like the odometer are a little bluish, but that's fine with me!

There are polarity issues, but you just have to check them as you go. If one doesn't light up, pull it out and install if the other way. As for dimming, it was a little weird at first, but seems to work ok now. I don't think I moved the dimmer switch in 5 years or more!

Quick update...all of the new LED's are working fine except for one, which flickers once in a while. I still have two left if it goes out completely. I may not bother since it only seems to light up the 90-120mph area, and I don't normally drive in that range!

Latest posts